Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm Back


Mrs.  or the Boss, Enjoying herself at the hotel in California


Our Grandson and our favorite daughter. 
We went to California for our Grandson's graduation from boot camp.  He is now an official U.S. Marine following in the footsteps of a Great Great Uncle and 2 cousins that he never knew.  I think I have the relationship correct.  My great uncle was a Medic during WWII and was on the beach on D-Day.

Not much of a typecast.  I was not sure of a subject then today I got into the mood to type at my stand up typewriter in the garage.  I'm not that good at typing and thinking of what to type at the same time and make terrible mistakes.  I should at least make an outline first. 

I have a few typecasts I started and one I was going to use that I wrote last week end.  They may all get posted in the future.

I thought to do some on fountain pens.  I bought a few since my last pencast.

More on typewriters is on the way.


6 comments:

  1. Interesting write up. Didn't know that companies deliberately placed the fuel pump inside the fuel instead of outside. You are right that from design and safety point of view, this is a NO-NO. I agree with your view on the current education system and its final product. Education, like any other goods, has become a marketable commodity and whoever has the money has the access. I wasn't surprised to read about final year BS student you worked with. You would be amazed that not many people (including engineers) do not know how to change car tire and even more shocking which way to turn the bolt/screw to loosen or tighten it! I guess, a bulk of our time are devoured by TV and social media and we hardly have time of genuine personal pursuits. How about picking book on car mechanics or picking up a book and try to learn a new language, learn about a new country and a new culture, doing some community service, looking after garden, learning to play musical instrument etc.

    Nice to hear about your grandson's graduation and thanks for haring a bit about your family's history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Sounds like a good trip to California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great write-up. Your electronics education reminds me a bit of mine. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bill, nice to see you back after what sounds like a hectic summer. When you say stand up typewriter do you really mean you typed all above while standing? Looking forward to seeing what you picked up fountain pen wise over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bill, nice to see you back after what sounds like a hectic summer. When you say stand up typewriter do you really mean you typed all above while standing? Looking forward to seeing what you picked up fountain pen wise over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed your vacation to California. Both my dad and my late husband were stationed there when they were in the Marine Corps, and my best friend's son is starting boot camp there as we speak.

    ReplyDelete